Student Reviews!

The library staff want to know which books in our library you think are the best!

What is your favorite book? Use the box below to post a comment telling us:

• The title
  • The author
  • Summary of the book without giving away the ending or reasons why the book is awesome, make it around 4-5 sentences long.
  • Score out of 10

Your review will be moderated (we read it and check that it is ok) and will soon appear on this page.

Thanks, Miss Collins

https://phoebebookreviews.wordpress.com

33 thoughts on “Student Reviews!

1. Miss Collins

Haunted Australia by John Heffernan
    This book is a collection of short stories about ghosts that are located in Australia. They are very good because I have visted some of the places mentioned in the book. The story I liked most was about the ghost in the Princess Theatre in Melbourne. Some of the stories were scary.

2. Jayden

Guinness world records 2011

This book has all the funny, spooky an unimaginable records of 2011.
    This book is Guinness world records 2011
    In this book there is so many records that will make you laugh and some that are mind blowing. This is a book that you must read so go get the book because it’s great.
    I give this book a score of 9/10 because every page you learn something new and it always surprises you.

3. Joel

Specky Magee-Garry Lyon & Felice Arena
    The Specky Magee series is a great selection of books. There aren’t many Aussie Rules books around and this one relates to just about every young footy player aspiring to be the best. Arena and Lyon combine footy knowledge and story creativity for a masterpiece series. I really feel that this book truly relates to me and I feel such a connection with the book being based so near to where I live. 10/10

4. Finn

Papillon by Henri Charriere
    This is a really great true story about a French convict that is sentenced to life imprisonment in a French Guinean penal colony. The book is a retelling of his adventures and 9 daring escapes in the course of 13 years. 8.5/10

5. Harry

Treasure Fever by Andy Griffiths
    This book is based in a school, Northwest Southeast Central School. At this school there is a boy called Henry Mcthrottle, one day when he is in the principals office he learns about treasure buried in the school, soon after him and all his class mates catch treasure fever! This book is very funny.

6. trevor

Treasure Fever by Andy Griffiths
    this book is based at a school call Northwest, Southeast central. the main character is called Henry and he is teacher Ms Chalkboard, is not there on time and they have a sub. He is a crazy teacher and they get up to lots of things that may not be good. The principal tells Henry about the secret treasure. He goes on an adventure to the treasure and it will test his friendship for ever.

7. stephen

Treasure Fever by Andy Griffiths
    This book is based in a school, Northwest Southeast Central School. At this school, there is a boy named Henry Mcthrottle. He gets blamed of something he didn’t do and gets sent to the principals office. He found out that the principal buried a treasure in the school as a young child. This message went viral and everyone went digging. This is a great book.

8. Christopher

Book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid – DOG DAYS – By Jeff Kinney
    This book is about Greg Heffley and when he is on summer vacation. It is a good book to the series and is book number 4. I found it funny when he got embarrassed. I think that this is one of the best books of the series and would absolutely be great for any age who likes to read books.
    I give this book 9 and a half/10.

9. Henry

Perks of being a Walflower – Stephen Chbosky
    A great book of a teenager going through high school, and about being a wallflower (who thinks a lot about everything) and finally makes some friend and the adventures. A great novel.

10. Jakob

They came on viking ships,
    They came on viking ships is a good book written by Jackie french. It is about a young girl who lives on a peaceful island, but one day there village is raided by a viking group. She is kidnapped and is forced to live like a viking slave, and is forced to live the life of a viking with her pet dog snarf. Rate 9/10

11. Mitch

My book is called skulduggery pleasant by Derrick Landy
    The reason that I like it is because it is a series of books and there is always more to read. The main story follows Stepheny edgly whose uncle has just died. She meets a detective who is dead and just bones.
    I would rate it 8/10 because it is full of action.

12. Tyler

Treasure fever-Andy Griffiths
    It’s a good book for easy readers, I especially liked the plot and the characters. Andy Griffiths is a great author and he’s books are great. 9/10

13. Joel

Against the Spin – Michael Pankridge
    Against the Spin is a great book for any cricket fan. Mitchell Grady is at a new school – thats sports mad! They have a whole program called the Legends. They do 8 sports and get points on each sport and the best over the whole year wins. This is the second sport – cricket. Can Mitch win the Legend of Cricket.
    9/10. Great for any cricket fan.

14. Ashley

The Look, Sophia Bennett

This book is a book about a young girl who gets scouted my a modelling agency. But when her sister gets severly ill her life is turned around.
    This book by Sophia Bennettt is a great read for all girls!
    It is great for those who like modelling and fashion,
    I would highly recommend this book.
    I rate this book an 9/10

15. Laura

Pretty Girl ~ J.C Burke

Pretty girl is a book about a group of friends. Ones dead, ones missing and one has a secret. People who have read pretty little liars may also like this book or if you like mystery. I think at first this book was a little confusing but it was also really good. I rate a 8.5/10

16. Hayden

Can you survive being lost at sea it’s part of the choose your own adventure series
    This book is a great read because the story isn’t planed out for you you get to choose the way the story runs I give this book a rating of 8/10 because I like the way you can choose your adventure and you get to choose the ending

17. Katie

The dog who loved a queen – Jackie French

I think this book has a lot of detail from what used to happen in that era and it has a nice story line to go with it. I don’t know if most of this story is true but I know that the queen in it was a real person. I think any aged reader could read this book that like historical times and maybe a nice dog story. I really really like this book so I rate it a 8/10!

18. Amber

The Hobbit – J.R.R Tolkein
    In The Hobbit, readers (yourself) are taken on a hobbits journey to defeat a dragon. It’s dramatic, funny, happy and sad. If you love this book you’ll love The Lord of the rings as it is the sequel to the hobbit. I give this book 7 and a half/10

19. Erin

Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling
    This is an amazing novel about a young boy named Harry who finds out he is a wizard and goes to a school of magic. Follow Harry on his journey through his first year at school and uncover the hidden secrets Rowling has hidden in this story.
    I give this story a 10/10

20. Jacinta

Trash by Andrew Mulligan
    Trash is an interesting novel and definitely worth reading, it is about a group of boys who go on a dangerous adventure and after become very successful.
    I give this book a rate 8/10

21. Kiara

Soul Surfer Bethany Hamilton
    Really loved the book, it’s about a young girl who loves surfing and then a tradgedy happens but she still fights so she can still do a thing she loves – surfing and succeeds. It’s a true story, and you might like this book if you love surfing.

22. Ronan

Specky Magee-gary lyon/felice arena
    This a great book for anyone who loves reading and plays the great game afl. It is a great series and a nice easy read. I really loved every single book and thy got betterr throughout the series. I rate this book 10/10 because the book means something to me.

23. jj

they came on viking ships by jackie french
    this book is a great book because it is a good read and is interesting. this book is about vikings raiding and a young girl gets taken as a slave by a lady named freydis i give this book an 8/10

24. Kaylee

Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
    A great book full of adventure, teamwork, violence and a tiny bit of romance. It isn’t the shortest book but it is one most certainly reading!
    8/10 – For adventurous people

25. Hannah

The fault in our stars- john green
    This book is a great emotional roller coaster, when reading you get a chance to feel the emotion and drama. It is realistic and sends many great messages. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a bit of romance, fun or even just a good read.
    9/10 great book!

26. Ash.D

Skulduggery pleasant Last Stand of Dead Men- Derek landy.
    A very great book! If you love action and magic this is for you, and if you like lots of death also for you!

27. abbey

eve
    anna carey
    this book is about a girl who is sent to a school because her parents died of plague,i like this book it is very intresting 9/10 great for people who like mythical books

28. Mel

Once, Then, Now and After – Morris Gletziman
    Felixstowe is a young boy who goes through the Jewish holocaust. He journeys through racism, wars and many other things, but not only does he experience the bad, but, he also finds family and friends along the way. Felix puts this tragic time into a child’s point of view. 10/10

29. Liam Parkins

Harry potter – J.K ROWLING

Harry potter is one of the best books I’ve read by far. All the books in the series are spectacular. It is about a young wizard named Harry and his battles and stories at the school of Hogwarts. It is a great book I recommend it to anyone

30. Lorenzo

Seven greatest warriors series – Matthew Reilly
    This is an action filled adventure that never skips a beat. Follow the enigmatic Jack West Jr and his team to raid temples, beat bad guys, and save the world from imminent destruction.
    I give this series a 9.5/10

31. Eli

Heroes Of Olympus Series – Rick Riordan

This is a great series! It is the sequel to the Percy Jackson series but you do not have to read them first. I rate it 9/10 because it is very well written and I could not put the book down!

32. Amy Ditchfield

The fault in our stars by John Green
    If you’re a romantic, this books for you. This book is about a girl suffering from cancer and a boy who is in remission. Hazel and Gus meet at a support group and become great friends. I would high recommend this!
    I rate this book a 10/10!!

33. Eve

Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
    This book follows a story of a wealthy girl named Aria. She got into an ‘accident’ which caused her to lose Aria memory. Aria thinks her life is normal till she meets a mysterious young boy with handsome good looks and incredible powers. The world that she thought she knew isn’t the one that she thought it was.