This year there is a new system for printing and photocopying.Students can use their library ID cards in the place of the old paper cards for photocopying and money for printing. It is important to get your library card encoded at the front desk in order to recieve $3.00 free printing and photocopying credit. Once you have credit on your card then you can print and photocopy using the print release station at the photocopier.
The prices for Printing and Photocopying are
B &W A4: 10 cents
B &W A3: 15 cents
Colour A4: 60 cents
Colour A3: 100 cents
Double the price for a double sided print.
How to print
1. Send your file to the printer. The printer is set to print in Colour. You need to choose Black in Properties if you want the cheaper option of a Black and White print. Pressing Print will not automatically print your file, you need to go to the Print Release Station to release your file, it will come out of the photocopier.
2. Take your library card to the front desk and get the Library Staff to encode it. (You will only need to do this once)
3. Your card will be encoded and you will be credited with $3.00, when this runs out you can give money to the library staff to refill your account.
4. At the Print Release Station, select your print and press the Print button. It will then tell you to swipe your card.
5. Swipe your card on the printer cardswipe and this will release your print and the photocopier will print it.
How to photocopy
1. Take your library card to the front desk and get the library staff to encode it. (You will only need to do this once)
2. Your card will be encoded and you will be credited with $3.00, when this runs out you can give money to the library staff to refill your account.
3. Swipe your card in the Photocopier cardswipe and then you can photocopy. Both colour and black and white, A4 and A3 size are available.
4. You must press the keycard when you are finished to end your session, otherwise anyone can use up your money.